List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Gitlab Evaluation & Migration
From:       stefan () derkits ! at
Date:       2019-02-23 17:58:46

Hi,

On 23.02.2019 16:56, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On zaterdag 23 februari 2019 14:49:25 CET Konstantin Kharlamov wrote:
>
> No, you misunderstand me. In the first place, we've got a lot of
> people in our community who wouldn't understand a single word of that
> paragraph. What they understand is

"A lot" is probably a bit exaggerated, e.g. I don't really know where to
upload patches to Phabricator or create a pull request there, but do
understand how GitLab works.
So I guess we have many different people in the community and many of
them can get used to change.

> * clone the repo
> * hack

* git commit
* git push awesome-feature-branch
* click on the link in the output

> * add a bit of text explaining the change
> * wait for me or dmitry to look at their patches

One more step for the first creation of a merge request. Not that much
different.

> They don't have push access to kde's git server at all, so I guess
> 'git push my-fork HEAD' won't work in any case.

I guess this needs to change (with more fine grained permissions), the
whole Merge Request System is based on merging other branches to Master.
Afaik uploading just a patch doesn't work in GitLab.

Stefan