List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Could we enable Travis-CI on our github mirrors?
From:       Elvis Angelaccio <elvis.angelaccio () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2016-04-20 22:07:23

> El dimecres, 20 d'abril de 2016, a les 23:00:26 CEST, Elvis Angelaccio va
> escriure:
> > > El dimecres, 20 d'abril de 2016, a les 18:42:31 CEST, Elvis Angelaccio
> va
> > >
> > > escriure:
> > >
> > > use

> builds
> sysadmins.

> github
> > >
> > > github

> account.

> > > optional

> > > I don't see the point in having two CI systems, just help improve the
> one
> > > we
> > > have.
> > >
> > > If you need dependencies, why did you start a new CI system instead of
> > > asking
> > > for the dependendies to be installed?
> >
> > Well I did ask, but those deps are not available in the Ubuntu
> repositories
> > currently used by Jenkins.
> > Maybe a solution could be to install them from source/manually, but that
> > requires work from the sysadmins, who have already enough in their plate.
>
> I see. Maybe you can offer to help them?

Not sure I have enough skills (especially now that we use docker), but I
can ceirtainly try. Should I contact Ben?

> > I did not start a new CI, I was basically playing with travis for fun.
> But
> > then it turned out that it could solve an issue I have. The travis
> > infrastrucure is already there, why not use it if one or more projects
> > could benefit? Seems a win-win to me.
>
> As a release team member i won't look at the github CI
>
> I will look at our official one, but you will look at the github one since
> for
> you "it's better"

I never said it's better. I think it would be a nice addition, doesn't mean
that I would stop looking at our main CI

> I can see this creating problems, like for example build.kde.org passing
> and
> githubCI not passing and you getting mad at me because we released
> something
> that doesn't work.

This is a fair point, but see also my previous reply to Luca (the "who
cares" part).
I can promise you that I won't get mad at you, fwiw :)