List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Beginner tutorials ported to KF5: questions and finishing touches
From:       Juan Carlos Torres <carlosdgtorres () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-01-16 13:25:27

On Saturday, January 16, 2016 01:17:41 PM Olivier Churlaud wrote:
> This is exactly what we are going to be working on during the sprint of
> March (in CERN).

That sounds great! Our wiki is definitely in need of some attention. Especially
from the people who know their stuff more than the beginners trying to wade
through it.

> It's what we already thought: just create different namespaces for
> different things (archives/kde4/trash/..). Deleting is not an option in
> the first place. When everything will be well organized, we'll think
> about what to delete and what not to. But for now, it's hard to decide
> because it's too... messy :D

I hope this becomes something we can all agree upon. While porting one of the
tutorials, I came across a page that was just simply deleted. [1] I've also
seen some talk (on IRC or mailing lists) about simply deleting older content.
If archiving them is easy enough to do, maybe we should adopt that instead.

> It's a great job you began, I hope that with the sprint, we'll be able
> to complete this :)
> Are you joining in CERN already? If not, would you be interested to help
> remotely?

I won't be able to join CERN in person and I'm not sure if I can commit to
being online while it's ongoing. The best I can promise is to try, depending
on the timezone differences (I'm UTC+8). Definitely interested in doing work on
documentation and tutorials though my own coding level is on the "beginner to
intermediate" stage.

> Whatsoever: Thanks again for this!

Thank you as well!

--