List:       kde-devel
Subject:    CURRENT build instructions
From:       Will Entriken <fulldecent () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-12-29 15:10:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello, a new contributor is trying to get set up building KDE. I am having
trouble guiding them through the build.

Full discussion is here: http://pastebin.com/BRanjLEx

Got very close, but still have a few issues.

CC: to mailing list, and all current mentors

Thank you!
Will

I have started the KDE mentor program in 2006 because I was frustrated with
how difficult it was to build the project. Ten years later it is again
FUBAR. Also, if anyone would like to create a YouTube video of installing
Ubuntu on a new virtual machine and building KDE from git I will take the
lead on rewriting **ALL** the KDE Techbase build instructions (which are at
least 2 years out of date).