List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Re-initialize KCM on device hotplug
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-05-07 12:39:46

On Mittwoch, 7. Mai 2014 13:13:33 CEST, Alexander Mezin wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there any way to invoke kcminit function again when some hardware
> is plugged in? I can implement this in KDED module or make udev rule,
> but isn't there any built-in solution (key in kcm's desktop file,
> etc)?

What's the usecase for this?

If the kcm is loaded, you could pot. hook onto \
Solid::DeviceNotifier::deviceAdded(const QString&) but otherwise "some" daemon will \
have to take care of this - the natural (but not portable) choice would be udevd, \
kded would be an alternative. You could then add a post-install script to establish \
an udev or "kdedev" rule by parsing the kcm's service file.

Cheers,
Thomas