List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Thank you for Baloo!
From:       Martin Steigerwald <Martin () lichtvoll ! de>
Date:       2014-05-04 21:59:49

Hi Vishesh and all the other devs working on it!

I don ´t know how it indexed more than 700000 mails in a local maildir in less
than half an hour, but it seems it did.

I did no measurements, but I wouldn ´t be surprised if Baloo outpeformed
Nepomuk by a factor of at least 10 or 20 here.

Nice work!

Heads up.

Now that machine is one of the faster ones… but still I am truly impressed.

I think I need to restart file indexing possibly, as I stopped the baloo_file
indexer after first starting it manually without having it integrated within
the desktop… but it also has files as well. It also does seem to need less disk
space for the job.

Thanks,