List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: gsoc 14:enhanced searching in Kmail
From:       Vishesh Handa <me () vhanda ! in>
Date:       2014-03-20 9:43:44

On Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:37:28 PM abhilakshya kamboj wrote:
> Hi

Hey Abhilakshya

> My name is Abhilakshya . I'm an undergrad at the National Institute of
> Technology,Kurukshetra pursuing a B.Tech in Information Technology. I'm
> interested in working for KDE in GSoC 2014. Specifically, I'm interested in
> "Enhanced Searching in Kmail".
>
> I have been using C++ from past 2 years and build a lot of projects and
> also used it STL and also have some experience in using Qt and so i want
> know from where i should start working for this project.

In order to get involved with any KDE project, you should do the following -

1. Setup a development environment (look at techbase)
2. Compile and run that application (in this case baloo)
3. Solve some very simple bugs / junior jobs. Have a look at bugs.kde.org for
this.

Compiling Baloo is not incredibly simple, so I'd recommend that you use
kdesrc-build in order to get started.

--
Vishesh Handa