On Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:37:28 PM abhilakshya kamboj wrote: > Hi Hey Abhilakshya > My name is Abhilakshya . I'm an undergrad at the National Institute of > Technology,Kurukshetra pursuing a B.Tech in Information Technology. I'm > interested in working for KDE in GSoC 2014. Specifically, I'm interested in > "Enhanced Searching in Kmail". > > I have been using C++ from past 2 years and build a lot of projects and > also used it STL and also have some experience in using Qt and so i want > know from where i should start working for this project. > In order to get involved with any KDE project, you should do the following - 1. Setup a development environment (look at techbase) 2. Compile and run that application (in this case baloo) 3. Solve some very simple bugs / junior jobs. Have a look at bugs.kde.org for this. Compiling Baloo is not incredibly simple, so I'd recommend that you use kdesrc-build in order to get started. -- Vishesh Handa >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<