List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: MacPorts: Running KDE ports on Apple OS X
From:       René_JV_Bertin <rjvbertin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-03-15 11:07:46

Not exactly a KDE developer, but having spent quite some time getting KDE on my MBP, \
including the Calligra suite, I cannot but agree with Ian. The KDE apps that work do \
so looking great on OS X, it be nice to improve matters. Things that occur to me \
include menubar integration, the correct preferences/settings dialog in the App menu, \
sending possible on kmail, a robust way to start and stop all the background services \
and remove the UI from daemons that don't need them, and who knows maybe even support \
KWin for those of us using X11 apps ... Re X11: PyKDE4 needs to become aware of \
non-X11 KDE versions.