List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [GSoC 2014] Enhanced Searching in KMail
From:       Vishesh Handa <me () vhanda ! in>
Date:       2014-02-12 23:12:12

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 01:10:03 AM Nikhar Agrawal wrote:
> Hi,

Hey Nikhar

> I am Nikhar Agrawal, currently studying in my third year at IIIT-H,
> pursuing Computer Science and Engineering. I have been a GSoC 2013
> participant for Boost C++ libraries and managed to successfully merge my
> project into Boost trunk.
>
> As a part of my course on Information Retrieval and Extraction, I recently
> did a project on searching for queries on the latest 40 gb wikipedia dump.
> I was going through the KDE ideas page and got pretty excited when I read
> about
> Enhanced Searching in KMail project.  I couldn't find the contact details
> of respective mentors. Hence, I am sending the mail to the entire list.

Well, a google search generally helps :)

> Could someone guide me as to what are the next steps I should take?

The starting point is going to be very similar to starting to contribute to
any other project -

1. Setup the development environment
2. Get everything to compile and maybe run
3. Start with junior jobs / simple bugs

Let us know if you need any help.

--
Vishesh Handa