List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: background plasma crash
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-12-22 11:39:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

the linked issue is dead old - it's more likely that you're using an abi
"incompatible" decoration plugin (qtcurve? any 3rd party one, though) since
debian/ubuntu has (had?) falsepositive abi management.

however and once more: you got a crash -> you show the backtrace, since
otherwise this is all just uninformed guessing around.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ubuntu-linux/152472-kwin-unstable.html"
> quote
> ------------
> If I boot it up with the default window manager I get a message saying
that
> kwin is unstable and it gives me the option to change window manager. If I
> don't change it I lose the ability to resize, move and tab between
windows.
> The windows also lose their title bar, which means I have to either have
> use File->Quit or right click on the task bar to close the window.
> ------------
> unquote
>
> Well, exactly this is also my new problem. I think, somewhere in the
building
> chain, there are incompatibilities which lead to this problems. As a
> consequence, I shall downgrade my partition to the well known KDE-4.8.2
and
> wait until KDE-5 shows up, to start then from the scratch. As I said, the
> problem is not critical.
>
> Anyway, thank you very much for your comments. And: I am learning a lot !
:-)