List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Send a custom key sequence to konsole
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-12-16 14:47:14

On Montag, 16. Dezember 2013 09:08:22 CEST, Jörg Ehrichs wrote:
> > Basically I want to clear t
> > Which internal function should I call? Is it as simple as passing a
> QString
>
> Seems you are looking for QProcess here.

To do what?

@Aaron:
do you want to operate on a konsole part in your own process or on the window of a \
foreign process and what is the context and target goal in either case?

to remote-control a window on X11 you can simply use xdotool.
In a similar way khotkeys *should* allow event sending.

From an xlib/xcb application you can simply send events to any window (what xdotool \
does)

But since what konsole runs will usually be some bash derivate - why do you \
remote-control the window in the first place rather than dealing with that in bash in \
the first place (and why would you need a terminal shell instead a script shell)?

Cheers,
Thomas