List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Nepomuk in 4.13 and beyond
From:       Ignacio Serantes <kde () aynoa ! net>
Date:       2013-12-16 9:22:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I'm not requesting this features now but I think this must be necessary in
the future and this is the right moment to develop thinking in the future.
If not when we need this kind of features Baloo will be in a dead end like
with Nepomuk.

I think that sharing is not a particular use case and the same for having
your information accessible and any time. On the other side data encryption
is and old activities request because you want to encrypt some important
data in your mobile device. And talking about mobile devices, it will be
terrific if you can have all your Baloo information shared with all your
devices. This are features offering for several companies so I'm not
talking about a fantasy.

I'm using MPD for sharing my music, Tomahawk requires a user session and
Ampache is slow than MPD.

--
Best wishes,
Ignacio