List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Dissertation project
From:       Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan <ovidiu.b13 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-12-10 20:03:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello world,

Me and my fianc=C3=A9e are students for a masters degree in Software Engine=
ering
and we need to find projects for our dissertations.

We really want our projects to be something useful and to be a part of KDE.

We were thinking of a few things and would like your feedback on them on if
and how can this be achieved.

   - KDE Connect: seamless file browsing on android device (using Dolphin);
   SMS integration with Telepathy, to be able to respond and view the messa=
ge
   thread; Answer and make phone calls (through Telepathy, maybe); Contacts
   integration with Akonadi for the above two.
   - Akregator: Integration with Akonadi; A plugin to connect and sync with
   feedly: feeds synced across devices, search for new feeds, categories,
   tags, etc.
   - Akonadi: better contact integration: see if mail sender is online for
   chat and start chat, send email to the person chatting with (Kmail and
   Telepathy).

These are a few rough ideas which maybe we won't be able to do it all but
at least part of it. We incline for the first 2 ideas.
I've already asked the KDE Connect maintainer about how can I help with the
project and if my ideas are part of the plan.

I have some experience with KDE development, I've looked over the code of a
few applications and made a few pull requests, so I know a few things on
how part of KDE works, but I still need some guidance. Mostly I've only
done translations and support.

What do you guys think? Can we get some help from you guys on this?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
*Ovidiu - Florin Bogdan*
GeekAliens.com <http://geekaliens.com>