List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: A newcomer
From:       Shubham Chaudhary <shubhamchaudhary92 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-12-01 22:35:56

Hi Igor,

The "KDE Dev Guide" [1] is a good read to get you started.
Find a KDE project/application you personally care about and look for a \
"junior job" for that project in bugzilla. The Guide will tell you what \
that is and how you can find it. Ask on the projects mailing list or IRC \
channel, if the project you want to work on does not have any junior jobs \
listed. They will also be able to give you some hints about where to look \
in the code for solving the junior job. You will need to set up a \
development environment for all this. I advise you to use kdesrc-build. \
There is a good video tutorial [2] that explains everything step by step. \
Everything is also documented in our wiki. [3] Don't be afraid to ask \
questions when you get stuck, but make sure you have invested at least 30 \
minutes of trying to solve the problem yourself before you do.

[1] en.flossmanuals.net/kde-guide/
[2] www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqnNVmJocR4&list=PL6bWR698TEbnEXRisrgycJ091sT_GUk50
 [3] wiki.kde.org

Welcome to KDE!