List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: GSOC
From:       Alberto Pastrolin <albertopastrolin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-04-26 10:25:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

To describe it more clearly I will use a list, if for you this isn't clear
I will retry to explain:

1) How to intercept the notification into Android: To intercept every
notification we need to use an AccessibilityService (this is an example
code that I've found<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9367196/detect-a-ne=
w-android-notification/9632076#9632076>),
but it has the inconvenient that the user must enable manually the
permissions for the app to work (and also the app will never be pubblished
on the Play Store for security reason); it is also possible to do something
less powerful, but also without the workaround for the permission, using
some BroadcastReceiver<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/conte=
nt/BroadcastReceiver.html>:
it can be used to intercept a specific event (eg, a new SMS, or low
battery), so in the end it will be useful for our integration

2) How to intercept the notification into the KDE Workspace: Well, if I am
correct, we simpy need to get them from Dbus, in Python for example it is
possibile to use the dbus class; in C++ probably it exists a similar class,
so it will be possible to do the same, but I think that you or any other
KDE developers know this things better than me
Close

3) Sharing the notifications: Probably this is the most important thing, to
do it over the web we need to create a packet with the notification itself
and other information, and to send/receiving them I've thinked to use some
socket, so we need to decide the port for this socket.

4) Showing the notification: After we have received the notification, we
obviously need to show it: on Android we can do it using a
NotificationManager<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/Noti=
ficationManager.html>,
and on KDE we can do it simpy generating a Knotify event

For now this is what I have thinked, if you have other ideas or suggestion
please write them, I will try to reply

Best Regards,
Alberto Pastrolin