List:       kde-devel
Subject:    GSoC: Lazy/Asynchronous Plasmoid Initialization
From:       Daniel Ziltener <dziltener () lyrion ! ch>
Date:       2013-04-25 19:29:00

Hello,

I'm interested in doing the "Lazy/Asynchronous Plasmoid Initialization"
project for this year's GSoC. Since it's something affecting me each and every
day ;)

To give you an idea of what I've done so far: I'm in my first semester of
computer science at the university of Bern, Switzerland (although I'm
currently visiting second semester lectures since university doesn't start in
spring).
I have 6 years of experience in Java programming, 1 year of Scala experience
and about 1,5 years each in C++ and Clojure (which are currently my "primary
programming languages").

My next step will now be some playing around with Qt and basic KDE stuff to
get an idea of those APIs since I right now don't have any Qt/KDE experience
yet.

Thanks for reading,
Daniel Ziltener