List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Inclusion of kio-mtp in KDE SC Release 4.11
From:       Philipp Schmidt <philschmidt () gmx ! net>
Date:       2013-03-23 10:35:33

Hi,

m:
> I was testing it under Arch, Kubuntu and openSUSE and it's still a bit
> buggy both - Nexus 10 and Nexus 4 work only 2 out of 10 times and I get
> protocol failed error.

Yes please, when I test with my 3 devices it works like a charm, at least f=
or =

N7 and GNex. The S3 is another issue but has nothing to do with the slave =

itself but more the way KIO works and how samsung implemented its MTP host =

(e.g.: Without any error handling in case a connection is already open but =

another one is opened anyway and with no way to reset it other than to =

disconnect and plug it back in).

So if you have a reliable way to trigger those protocol errors: Gimme ;).

>   On the contrary under Gnome gvfs works like charm. If you need more
> testing I can assist.

That is also due to the way GVFS works: It actually "mounts" the device and =

keeps the lock until you tell it not to. KIO has a scheduler that opens new =

slaves as it sees fit (resulting in new connections to the device), which o=
f =

course interferes with the MTP way of things of "one connection to rule the=
m =

all". That is also what causes the problems with most samsung devices... :(.

Philipp