List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Starting Kernel Module Programming
From:       karan garg <karangarg31 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-03-14 4:54:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 4:06 AM, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam@kde.org>wrote:

> Hi Karan,

Hi Myriam

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 7:11 PM, karan garg <karangarg31@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Thomas Lübking <
> thomas.luebking@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> exciting
> >
> > Thanks for your prompt and positive replies.
> > Yes, I would like it very much to contribute to an existing KDE
>  project. A
> > close friend of mine is also attached to the digikam community and i'm
> very
> > much impressed and inspired by you guys.
> >>

> I suggest you have a look at the archive of this list, where there
> have been similar requests in the past few weeks, with extensive
> answers, valid for all newcomers.

 I went through the archives but couldn't find much about the KDE projects
involving kernel module programming.

> But as a good introduction to KDE development please read the KDE
> guide at http://flossmanuals.net/kde-guide/

Also, I went through KDE development guide, and i must say it was very
informative.
However, when searching, I couldn't find any projects involving kernel
development other than the plasma active project. Please let me know if you
have knowledge about other projects going on.

Also, I started searching for resources to start learning kernel module
programming, but the only one I got was the "kernel module programming
guide" by "the linux documentation project". Can you provide the links to
some other resources or should I start with this until the time I dont
start contributing to a project.

> Regards, Myriam
>
> --
> Proud member of the Amarok and KDE Community
> Protect your freedom and join the Fellowship of FSFE:
> http://www.fsfe.org
> Please don't send me proprietary file formats,
> use ISO standard ODF instead (ISO/IEC 26300)

Regards :)
Karan