List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Questions about HTTP KIO Slave
From:       David Narvaez <david.narvaez () computer ! org>
Date:       2013-01-12 3:24:41

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde@carewolf.com> wrote:
> Why doesn't the new request allow compression?

For a number of complicated reasons.

> Compression should be handled by the network layer anyway.

In general, but not in this case.

> Or are you talking about some allow mimetype
> header? In the last case I could imagine there would be problem by reusing the
> first request.

I'm talking about the Accept-Encoding header (or the
AllowedCompressedPage metadata in KIO terms), and if it is different
between two consecutive requests of the same URL, it is a problem to
reuse the first request.

David E. Narvaez