List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Async action with helper in KAuth
From:       Dario Freddi <drf54321 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-11-15 13:45:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello Yichao,

2012/11/12 Yichao Yu <yyc1992@gmail.com>

> I checkout out the code for KAuth and found out the following lines
> in` ActionReply Action::execute(const QString &helperID) const`
>
>     if (d->async) {
>         if (hasHelper()) {
>             // It makes no sense
>             return ActionReply::InvalidActionReply;
>         }
>
> which gives the right error code and can explain why only the async
> action fails. The comment says "makes no sense", but doesn't say
> why.... can anyone explain the reason??

Looks like there is a logical error in the code that I forgot to fix in the
4.x branch. if (!hasHelper()) is the correct line, and if the action has no
helper it doesn't make sense to execute it asynchronously since there is
actually nothing to do, but only to authorize. Sorry about that, I will
provide a fix ASAP - my main focus lately has been the framework branch,
where most of the logic actually changed.

> And I cannot found the
> description for this anywhere in the tutorial (e.g. some backend may
> not support async action with helper at all.....), if it really
> doesn't make sense to do this (which I really doubt....) I guess it
> would be better to add it...

What you are doing is perfectly supported and the bug is in the library.