List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Introduce of QCloud
From:       Weng Xuetian <wengxt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-10-10 12:28:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 10 October 2012 02:30:15,Pau Garcia i Quiles :
> Hi,
>
> Great initiative, I was missing a cloud API in C++.
>
> From my 2 min skim-over:
>
> - Why the dependency on DBus instead of making each application access
> directly the storage?
Since at the very first, I want to have a application that can, easy to talk,
can do encrptyion and packaging (from the idea that we don't trust the cloud
provider), with account-application-map management, that's why daemon is
there.

> - Why use the backend name directly (Dropbox* db = new Dropbox(); )
> instead of taking a string, enumerate or something like that? If
> QCloud is going to offer a common interface (a-la libcloud, jclouds,
> fog, etc), then hardcoding the classname favors code duplication

Ah, this is because all backend currently is being created by QCloud::Factory,
backend/ is a qplugin for core, from QCloud::Factory you create Backend with
string.

If you're talking about test/dropbox/, that's where I want to test dropbox
directly, so it usess new dropbox directly.
> - Examples? (apart from the tests)

Emmm... maybe you want look at kio/, tool/ and daemon/ ?
kio currently list all account in the root, and can be used to browse file
under that account. (While the dropbox api key is still under dev mode so you
maybe want to write a different key into data/testapp.

I'd like to state it's still in an early state though..