List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to install application to local KDE
From:       Dmitry Ashkadov <dmitry.ashkadov () rosalab ! ru>
Date:       2012-10-02 7:42:47

01.10.2012 15:04, Kevin Krammer пишет:
> Hi Dmitry,
>
> On Monday, 2012-10-01, Dmitry Ashkadov wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> Now I can build KDE and install it to local directory. If I have an
>> application/applet that isn't a part of KDE, how should I build and
>> install it to locally installed KDE? For example, KStandardDirs must
>> return some paths to locally installed KDE.
> You simply include the local installation prefix in KDEDIRS, e.g. something
> like
>
> export KDEDIRS=/usr:/usr/local:/your/prefix
>
> If you want that to be part of your part of your full session, you can put
> that into a file in $KDEHOME/env, e.g.
>
> # file $HOME/.kde/env/addkdedir.sh
> export KDEDIRS=${KDEDIRS-/usr:/usr/local}:/your/prefix
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin
Hello!

I don't think it is sufficient. For example, I have a plasma applet. I
use cmake to build it and I should type "cmake
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<path to locally installed KDE>" to install
applet into local KDE. Moreover, other cmake variables must have set.
For example, cmake must search cmake-modules from local KDE (functions
like "find_package(KDE ...)").
If I don't install applet into local KDE, then how will KDE find new
applet and related content like QML files?

Thank you!