List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Call for testing: kio-mtp
From:       Philipp Schmidt <philschmidt () gmx ! net>
Date:       2012-10-02 5:51:28

Am Montag, 1. Oktober 2012, 21:35:59 schrieb Daniel Nicoletti:
> Ok,
> I finally had a spare time to test, and must to say it's
> already really good, but coping some files from
> my cellphone to the desktop worked well and then it
> started crashing, the dmesg output gives a good clue which
> imo which might be related (or not) to that issue about
> locking we talked about.
> I don't know how can I debug a kio nor DrKonqui showed
> up with a backtrace, so can you tell me how can I provide
> usefull info?

The slave currently still uses the default kio debug area, e.g. 7000. Just
enable that in kdebugdialog --fullmode and let it print to shell or whatever.
Then you might need to punch kdeinit4 into a terminal to let it take affect.
Konsole might be better suited as it also catches the stuff libmtp prints out
(I need to find a way to get that into the log as well :D).

For mor debugging options (gdb) see
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Debugging/Debugging_IOSlaves

> [879275.991774] usb 1-3.4: usbfs: process 27261 (kio_mtp) did not
> claim interface 0 before use

Does this happen with many small files or also with larger files? Also, what
version of libmtp are you using?

Cheers,
Philipp