List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 10 Rasberry PIs available for projects
From:       Christopher Blauvelt <cblauvelt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-09-26 21:07:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava@kde.org> wrote:

> 2012/9/26 Lydia Pintscher <lydia@kde.org>:
> > Heya folks :)
> >
> > A while ago Nokia has offered to sponsor 10 Rasberry PIs for KDE.
> > (Thanks Nokia!) They have now arrived in the KDE e.V. office. We need
> > to figure out what to do with them now. So if you have a cool idea
> > that you're willing to do with one of them and that would benefit KDE
> > please post it here within the next 2 weeks. (If there are more than
> > 10 proposals I can be bribed with cookies :P)
> > Oh and I forgot: 1 of them should go to Dario for a tutorial at the Qt
> > Developers Conference in the US.
> >
> > So please. What's your cool idea for a Rasberry PI?
>
> I could use it with my students Faculdades Ruy Barbosa and Federal
> University of Rio de Janeiro for porting and adapting software to it,
> two of the students are already making progress. a good piece of Tech
> can always be used as study case.
>

> > Cheers
> > Lydia
> >
> > --
> > Lydia Pintscher - http://about.me/lydia.pintscher
> > KDE Community Working Group / KDE e.V. board member
> > http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org

> unsubscribe <<

I have one on order for the purposes of using Plasma for an HMI/SCADA
interface for a small industrial system (my wood and oil boilers). This
could be useful to the eMon project as well as anybody using Linux with
cheap hardware monitoring and control applications. At a 16 week lead time,
that's going to take a while to realize.
Chris