List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: When does kbuildsycoca4 run?
From:       Teemu Rytilahti <tpr () iki ! fi>
Date:       2012-09-20 5:47:54

Ben Cooksley wrote:

> kded4 provides a number of crucial mini processes which are crucial to
> the operation of KDE processes in certain areas (Timezone data and the
> determining of an active network connection at least) although it
> tends to be more crucial with a Workspace.

Just wanted to hop in and mention that kded4 (well, a powerdevil module, run
by kded4) provides the support for suspending and sleeping from the menu. So
in case if you, like I have earlier done, encounter a problem where sleeping
isn't working from the menu, it might be because kded4 is not running..

--
Best Regards,
Teemu Rytilahti