List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Dolphin performance
From:       Pablo Sanchez <pablo () blueoakdb ! com>
Date:       2012-09-04 12:34:52

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 09/04/2012 08:13 AM, Lo=EFc Grobol wrote:
> On Tuesday 2012-September-04 David Narvaez wrote :
>> Could you start dolphin from a console and see if the output says
>> something about Soprano timeouts?
> =

> Here's the output after one minute (Dolphin opened and was usable in
> ~6s).  Nothing seems related to Soprano, but the Samba share bugs
> me, I can't recall having activated Samba. I'll try to turn whatever
> it is off and try again.
> =

> Thanks a lot for caring, though :) =

> =

Hi,

How about running an strace?

Something like the following will print the time of day (down to the
microsecond) per system call, along with the duration of each system
call (at the end of the command in <>'s) and dump the results in
/var/tmp/dolphin.strace for analysis.  The `-f' flag is used to trace
child processes:

   $ strace -tt -o /var/tmp/dolphin.strace -fT dolpin

btw, you can test the above out by doing a simple `ls'  :)

Cheers,
-- =

Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo.blog.blueoakdb.com
Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)