List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Need some help with Dolphin
From:       Peter Penz <peter.penz19 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-06-12 9:57:28

On 06/12/2012 10:32 AM, Srikanth S wrote:
[...]
> Here's a thought: upon file hover/selection, when Dolphin is to show its
> context information from Nepomuk, can this information be fetched from
> the net? Further, in such case, can Dolphin's view be automatically
> updated once the information is fetched?

This is not supported at the moment in Dolphin and there are no plans to
fetch metadata that are not accessible through Nepomuk or the
Strigi-analyzers. I also doubt that it is good idea to fetch such kind
of meta-data each time from the net without caching it - I understand
the legal restrictions from IMDb, but if it does not allow the data to
get cached, then it is just no option from my personal point of view.