List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Need some help with Dolphin
From:       Srikanth S <srikanth85 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-06-12 8:44:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello Mario,

This is very very similar to what I want for movies - and I did think of
providing a service-menu entry to start indexing on need. But still the
Terms of Use legal requirement from IMDb prevents storing this information
anywhere! From what I understand, once the service is invoked, it will
recursively fetch these details and provide it to Nepomuk, which will then
be used by Dolphin to show context information for the file selected. But
this involves storing the fetched information in Nepomuk's database.

Here's a thought: upon file hover/selection, when Dolphin is to show its
context information from Nepomuk, can this information be fetched from the
net? Further, in such case, can Dolphin's view be automatically updated
once the information is fetched?