List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Need some help with Dolphin
From:       Srikanth S <srikanth85 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-06-12 5:58:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Thanks for your response Sebastian. Apart from the possible problems you've
mentioned, I see the following as well:
1. Many people would keep movies and such on external media - like external
HDD. In that case, the analysis needs to be done on a on-need basis - when
the HDD is connected. Even in that case, parsing through a 1TB HD to find
and analyze movie files is not practical.
2. IMDb explicitly forbids storing the results (except for website caching)
in any medium. So a static analyzer or cached results in any form is a
strict no.

Any other solutions? I was hoping that Dolphin APIs would allow for writing
extensions like these.