List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Several new utilities for KDE: KLook and StackFolder
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-05-11 8:50:18

On Thursday 03 May 2012 13:46:27 Denis Koryavov wrote:
> -- FEATURES --
>
> For now KLook supports:
> - audio and video files (all that supported by Phonon);
> - graphic files (png, jpg);
> - text files;
> - for files with different mime-types (and folders) user can see its
> preferences;

Does this use KParts in order to embed the viewer for any type of file, or does
it contain builtin widgets for each type of file? I suppose the latter, but
using KParts as "fallback for other types of files", such as PDF, PS, and many
others.

It takes about 5 lines of code, using
KMimeTypeTrader::createPartInstanceFromQuery().

--
David Faure, faure@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr