List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Replacement of identity.kde.org
From:       Tom Albers <toma () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-05-03 22:39:38

Hi,

We are currently preparing the replacement of the current software used for \
identity.kde.org (GOSA). We will replace it with brand new software, developed by Ben \
Cooksley himself, it's called Solena. The idea is still the same: one place to create \
a username/password and use that service on several other sites we roll out within \
KDE. The most important advantage with the new software is that we get a sane user \
experience, identity.kde.org has a bad user interface, resulting in several problems.

We will convert all existing accounts automatically. Why this mail? To announce the \
new software and to announce that this weekend we will do the conversion to new \
system and make that active.

That means that identity.kde.org will not be 100% up this weekend, and it might be \
that at some points we are making some minor adjustments to the sites which rely on \
the authentication done by identity.kde.org, resulting that you can not login into \
such a site for short periods of time.

Any questions (or beta-testers!) are still welcome in #kde-sysadmin.

Best,

Tom Albers
KDE Sysadmin