List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: create activity aware application
From:       David Narvaez <david.narvaez () computer ! org>
Date:       2012-05-03 18:30:03

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Weng Xuetian <wengxt@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know what is the right way, but I think it can be done like this.
> KWin know the relation between activity and window, so when a activity
> are going to stop, it notify the application (maybe find application
> by pid) which activity is going to stop, and what are the windows
> inside it (maybe by winId). Application can then try to do the save
> state or move window to other activity.

The application can listen to the ActivityStopped DBUS signal and see
if any window it owns is affected because of this. From the POV of
this approach, if anything undesirable happens, it is because of a bug
in the application and not because of a bug in KWin, releasing KWin
from any responsibility in the Activity handling.

David E. Narvaez