List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Making a Presentation at LFNW customizing LiveCD, help needed
From:       Aaron Peterson <myusualnickname () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-04-17 9:28:01

Hello,

I got myself in a pickle, I proposed a presentation topic and hadn't
heard back, and now I hear that I'm on!   I had stopped working on the
project because I had other things going, and it was very frustrating.

I saw an article years ago about how cool KDE was to configure, but I
just can't find it.
I need to set plasma widgets, disable the netbook interface, and
configure settings for the skeleton (or does KDE use /usr/share?)

I could find no documentation on what files I need to copy, and where
to put them, so I did some poking about, and found that
.kde/share/config has more than just config files, so I can't just
copy it to /usr/share/kde4/config

or the /etc/skel

Also, /usr/share/kde4/config might also get overwritten with an upgrade.

Thank you.

--Aaron P

I tried looking at the userbase wiki, but I got confused, it might be
in the techbase, or otherbase wiki, but the split is artificial and
hard to deal with.