List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Application Development Question - How do I make "Show launcher when not running" in Task Manager wo
From:       Joseph Mulloy <jdmulloy () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-03-15 5:45:55

Hi,

An application that I package for openSUSE doesn't work correctly with
the task manager's launcher functionality. When I enable "Show
launcher when not running" in the context menu it can't find the
application. I choose the application from the list and the launcher
was created. However the task manager is unable to detect when the
program is running, so the icon doesn't go away as it's supposed to.
I'm guessing that I need to fix something in the application code or
in the .desktop file. I've done a whole lot of searching and I can't
find any relevant documentation.

The program is written in Python and uses Py-QT4. The project website
is http://www.openlp.org

I'm running OpenLP on openSUSE 12.1 with KDE 4.8 installed.

Thanks

Joseph Mulloy

jdmulloy@gmail.com