List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: GSoC idea: improving scanning and OCR in KDE (skanlite/kooka)
From:       Sune Vuorela <nospam () vuorela ! dk>
Date:       2012-03-08 8:52:44

On 2012-03-07, K=E5re S=E4rs <kare.sars@iki.fi> wrote:
> How do we go forward from here? =

Put it on the wikipage, wait for KDE to be a gsoc approved organization,
wait for official project submissions, get the student to submit the
project. hope that KDE as a organization selects your project.

> Who is willing to mentor for an ORC library + plugins + ...? =

My best guess for a great mentor for such a project would be someone
with a iki.fi address with a firstname and a lastname of 4 letters, both
containing some 'nordic' letters. :)

> What does a mentor do and how much time does it take?

a mentor answers questions from the student. A mentor ensures the
student is on right track. A mentor fails or passes the project.
A mentor does a lot of code review
A mentor also ensures that the project plan is good and sane.

Mentoring, depending on student and the task, is probably 1-2 hours a
day or something like that.

Fram my experience with santa, he is probably going to be one of the
students who is going to be pretty light to mentor.

/Sune

> /K=E5re
>
> On Wednesday 07 March 2012 16:16:59 todd rme wrote:

 I'd