List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Uploading .diff files on reviewboard
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-03-01 16:23:30

Am 01.03.2012, 12:45 Uhr, schrieb Rahul Sharma <rahulveera2009@gmail.com>:

> *The file 'home/rahul/kmplot/kmplot/ksliderwindow.cpp' (r7ca8503) could
> not
> be found in the repository. *after I have uploaded my diff.
>
> And I don't know what does that mean. So, could you please tell me?

It means that the commit patch itself bases upon other commits which are
not included in the patch and make it not a direct diff to one of the
public git branches of the repository.
Depending on what you try to do, either combine your commits with "git
rebase -i HEAD~n" or create a complete patch against the last public
commit in your branch "git diff HEAD~n", "n" is the amount of commits you
did when branching.
If you branched long time ago, maybe first "git fetch; git rebase
<parenting branch name>" eg. "git fetch; git rebase origin/KDE/4.8" or
"git fetch; git rebase origin/master" to pre-resolve pot. conflicts.

Cheers,
Thomas