List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Regarding development of an application for KDE
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2012-02-29 22:18:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday, 2012-02-29, Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 February 2012 22:03:24 Kevin Krammer wrote:

> > For example assume that you access to KDE's committer list (I think there
> > is an Akonadi resource for that) and also access to Telepathy. The
> > git/svn blame view/annotation could display the respective committers IM
> > availability.
> >
> > Or sending the current diff as a patch email to the author or mailinglist
> > the code is associated with.
>
> yes, showing such info is fine but as soon as one wants to interact with
> some person a designated app like kopete or telepathy or kmail or ...
> should be opened.

In general I would agree but it depends largely on the feature.
For example for collaborative editing (e.g. like Google docs) or just letting
the other user having a passive view of what you are doing (e.g. like most
webinar viewers) might benefit from having the messaging channel to that person
inline.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring