List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Regarding development of an application for KDE
From:       Milian Wolff <mail () milianw ! de>
Date:       2012-02-29 20:39:08

On Thursday 01 March 2012 00:25:02 Atri Sharma wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Milan:I think the points you made are pretty exciting.As I said in my
> earlier mail,my main plan is not to integrate only IRC,but every component
> that a FOSS developer needs.My idea is to basically integrate all the
> components suggested by the community.The list I initially sent is very
> basic.It will be expanded by interacting and taking suggestions from the
> community.

Sorry, but have you read what I said? Personally I don't really like your
"lets integrate everything" approach. Integrate small parts that make sense,
like showing a link to the IRC channel and let a designated App open (like
Konversation). But don't embed an IRC part.

> I aam really very excited about the project and I want to get started
> ASAP.It would be really helpful if the community could keep on providng
> valuable suggestions to me.
>
> Milan/Jacky:Could anyone please mentor me in this?

first lets sort out what you actually want to do. If you want to do something
with the KDevelop Plasma dashboard, then I could try to give you a hand.
Please direct your questions to the kdevelop-devel mailing list or ask me or
aleix (apol) in #kdevelop on freenode irc.

bye

--
Milian Wolff
mail@milianw.de