List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Build KMail only?
From:       Rui Maciel <rui.maciel () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-07-10 16:20:19

On 07/10/2011 04:34 PM, Tom Albers wrote:
> Calling technology of fellow community members cruft is very disrespectful. I \
> suggest you read the CoC:http://www.kde.org/code-of-conduct/
> Best,

The definition of "cruft" is "anything unpleasant that accumulates over
time".  This discussion is about the problems that Akonadi and other
dependencies represent to those who wish to port KMail to other
platforms.  Akonadi may have it's value, which isn't disputed here, but
you have to agree that in this case it represents an unpleasant addition
to KMail.  Therefore, it is only possible to interpret the use of this
expression of this particular term as being very disrespectful if you
interpret any reference to any problem that it may cause to anyone as
being very disrespectful.  And that isn't true.

Rui Maciel