List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: Programatically Hide Window Titlebar of Maximized Window From
From:       Martin =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4=DFlin?= <mgraesslin () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-05-27 13:54:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 27 May 2011 10:03:49 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 07:12:40AM +0200, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > There is to my knowledge no way to programatically hide window
> > decorations except for a legacy motif hint
> >
> i.e., http://fixunix.com/xwindows/91627-xchangeproperty-questions.html
>
> > which I am currently considering to drop support for in KWin.
> >
> oh, so you consider audacious in winamp mode legacy? thanks very much
I only wrote that Motif hints are legacy and not applications that use them. Given that they have
been deprecated something like at least a decade ago by EWMH I doubt anyone would disagree
in the statement that they are legacy.

There are many reasons why I consider (please note that I write consider and not "will do") to
remove the support for Motif hints, the most important one is the complete lack of documentation
for them.