List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Knotify and standard desktop notifications
From:       Rui Maciel <rui.maciel () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-05-20 13:56:31

Hi,

I've been looking to implement some sort of desktop notification on a small pet \
project but so far the only thing that I've found was libnotify, which appears to be \
based on a non-standard specification[1].  So, is there any standard, \
desktop-independent way to present users with passive popups notifying them of \
specific events, such as those used to inform?  And, more importantly, does KNotify \
support it?  If it does, what standard does it follow and where can I get the \
specification?

Thanks in advance,
Rui Maciel

[1] http://www.galago-project.org/specs/notification/0.9/index.html