List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Disabling Oxygen's window dragging for specific QWidgets?
From:       Hugo Pereira Da Costa <hugo () oxygen-icons ! org>
Date:       2011-05-18 23:58:18

On 05/18/2011 11:59 PM, Stefan Majewsky wrote:
>>> I would say 29 kdegames say otherwise.
>> That's unrelated to the discussion at hand. Thing is, we do not
>> exactly have any type of spare manpower over at kdegames. *hint hint*
> Now that I actually think about this consciously: Hugo, might it make
> sense to disable window grabbing completely for everything that is a
> QGraphicsView or a KGameCanvas? Their whole widget area contains
> content, in the game case even a complicated background brush. And I
> doubt the situation is any different for other applications using
> QGraphicsView. The view area should be seen by the style as content
> and be handled just like e.g. QListView would be handled, modulo the
> difference that QListView probably does The Right Thing™ by default.

Hello Stefan,

> In other words, I suggest that the _kde_no_window_grab property be
> added to KGameCanvas code
> (trunk/KDE/kdegames/libkdegames/kgamecanvas),

This, or the mouse-click stealing that I advised to the original writer
of this thread is what I had in mind, to fix kdegames (meaning: to alter
the normal behavior foreseen by oxygen in a way that is consistant with
what kdegame devs want). I'll do that tomorrow, promise.

As for QGraphicsView, I would rather have this sorted out on a case by
case basis, because indeed, they sometime look just like normal windows,
and therefore expected to be dragable.

Cheers,

Hugo