List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: Disabling Oxygen's window dragging for specific QWidgets?
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-05-18 22:16:57

Am 18.05.2011, 23:59 Uhr, schrieb Stefan Majewsky
<stefan.majewsky@googlemail.com>:

> Now that I actually think about this consciously: Hugo, might it make
> sense to disable window grabbing completely for everything that is a
> QGraphicsView or a KGameCanvas?

At least QGraphicsView is added explicitly (and i assume KGameCanvas is
just one?!)
I thought different for Bespin, and think (NOT "know") that the reason
QGraphicsView was added in the first place because some applications tend
to "abuse" it for "normal" window purposes (what's usually pretty
pointless)

On the other hand i also think that the ability to drag a window from
kpat's canvas is less critical, the annoying aspect might be to maybe not
really know when this happens.
Eg. kpat has no hover feedback for the cards (not even a cursor shape
change) - so it relies on the pre-knowledge assumption that one can and is
supposed to drag the card - and they're not just part of the fancy input.

Not sure, but i guess adding a feedback there might make this less a case
(and I continue to believe that misclicks are a general issue and should
not occur if any avoidable)

> changed such that _kde_no_window_grab behavior is enforced on
> QGraphicsView-derived widgets, possibly by setting _kde_no_window_grab
> during polishing.
Superfluous, see above (but also a minor tech detail ;-)

Cheers,
Thomas