List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Disabling Oxygen's window dragging for specific QWidgets?
From:       Michael Jansen <info () michael-jansen ! biz>
Date:       2011-05-17 12:47:38

> Heard that argument over and over again, but seen no proof at all (while i
> know about one issue, which -see below- was/is usercode bug.)
> I've checked the oxygen code and it is pretty careful to not steal any
> input action.

So you do not consider it breaking the usability of an application if you go
and take random 1 or 2 pixel wide rows/columns and turn them into a completly
different thing they were before?

Before i could click them and nothing happened. Now if i click them (They are
close to ui elements supposed to click) they resize, move and umaximize my app
at will. You do not consider this breaking the app? I sure do.

This is NOT an app error.

Then i am officially out of here. Because then we have a non dicussion and
should instead discuss about what a bug is.

> If you can point to a case where oxygen breaks an application feature,
> please name it.
> Otherwise, please stop claiming "oxygen breaks applications/code" because
> that is NOT the same as "oxygen causes -for a windows user- unexpected
> behavior which i don't like"
> If you have pure usability concerns, name them. If this is a code thing:
> proof it!

I named them. I consider it breaking apps.

> > I have problems with understanding this sentence too. The 26
> > applications is a statement from todd.He got it out of bugzilla. Same
> > thread todd tme Friday as an answer to parker coates.
>
> a) bugzilla sucks. I had trouble to find at least one entry regarding this
>
> :-(
>
> b) rather do not operate with unbacked numbers.

Is this targeted at me?

Mike