List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Distributed Mapping Application - Idea For Season Of KDE
From:       Naman Muley <naman.g.muley () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-04-26 22:24:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

HI Valentin,

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 11:58 PM, Valentin Rusu <kde@rusu.info> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 04/26/2011 01:15 PM, Naman Muley wrote:
> > Overall, if you have seen Harry Potter - The Prisoner of Azkaban , I
> > am talking about 'The Marauder's Map'.
> Have you seen this before ?
> http://www.google.com/intl/en_us/latitude/intro.html
>
> Yes I have. Google latitude is again a global system. It reads your
latitude and longitude and puts you in that location. I am talking about
making a localized application. I am thinking on how to get location without
the GPS. One of the ways is that I map not on a map but an abstract floor
and label routers by the name of the location. For e.g. John's cubicle is
connected to the router finance.ibm.com. along with   5 other people in the
finance department. Then, based on the topology that router is connected to
its nodes, one should be able to give a bacground-less map.
finance.ibm.comis then connected to say
security.ibm.com which is a WAP. The security guard's phone, based on the
signal strength it receives should be able to create a radius of a
particular distance around the WAP. The point is, if i am an employee  of
the HQ of IBM, I dont need to visually see on a physical map where the other
person is. If I am told that he is 12 mts away from the Main Gate (where the
WAP is) that is enough for my purposes.I dont have to see visually where he
is roaming. I don't know if i have convinced you of the method. PLease reply
with further points.

Valentin

> unsubscribe <<

yours Thinkingly,