List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Force compositing possible?
From:       Esben Mose Hansen <kde () mosehansen ! dk>
Date:       2011-03-31 7:58:33

On Thursday 31 March 2011 09:03:37 A. Bischof wrote:
> > Welcome to Debian unstable :) Somehow, during the release of Squeeze, KDE
> > got seriously behind. There are rumours of KDE 4.6 hitting experimental
> > soon, though, so maybe there is some hope.
>
> hm, but even for unstable it looks dated in Debian:

I should have been more clear. The getting-behind happened while Squeeze were
released, but is affected unstable.

Squeeze is followed the time-honoured Debian tradition of being quite
conservative.

And as Andreas wrote, 4.5 will not ever be part of unstable (or any stable
releases). 4.5 happened during a Debian freeze, and there would be no point
now.

(Don't get me wrong btw: I think Debian is a very fine distribution, and I use
it every day. But the time around releases are a bit frustrating.)

--
kind regards, Esben