List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: GSOC 2011: Settings Manager
From:       Shafqat Bhuiyan <priomsrb () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-03-27 7:33:58

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Thanks for your support Pau. I think it might be a good idea for me to talk
to the developers of Kamion. It would be interesting to hear how far they
got, and why they stopped.

Thanks Jain. I hadn't heard about KonfigTracker before either. It sounds
quite similar to my project except that your one also monitors changes.
Congrats on finishing your project. Is it currently part of the Pardus
releases?

It seems like there has already been some work done in this area. However I
would like a solution that is fully integrated into KDE. This could either
mean writing something from scratch or working on the exisiting projects. My
inclination is to start from scratch, while using the existing projects to
help me.