List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: old bug since KDE3 , device auto ejecting ?
From:       Aaron Lewis <the.warl0ck.1989 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-12-27 2:44:30

On 12/27/2010 01:19 AM, Alex Fiestas wrote:
> On 12/26/2010 12:12 PM, Aaron Lewis wrote:
>> Hi,
>> 	I've got a 3G device plugged in , which has a "faked" cd-rom along with
>> this modem , and KDE[34] seems to have a timer , and it always try to
>> *eject* my 3G modem ( actually the "faked" cdrom ) , if it success ,
>> ppp0 will down and my internet connection dies immediately.
>>
>> So my temporary solution is to mount it as root , so .. i kept get
>> messages like "xxx can't be ejected" from plasma system tray ( i could
>> disable device manager , doesn't matter , just complaining ).
>>
>> Any ideas on this bug ?
>>
>> (Image uploaded: http://postimage.org/image/2ypu5knyc/ )
>>
> This may be fixed in 4.6 when using udisk backend instead of HAL, since
> is HAL who is telling to us what drivers are CD-ROMS etc.
>
> Can you try it?

Hmm .. Last time i checkout Gentoo's ebuilds for latest kde snapshot ,
and results in a bad dbus problem with plasma-workspace ...  crashes a
lot , i'm now a bit scared on tasting snapshots ;-)

OK , i'm doing a backup and try KDE 4.6 snapshots out soon.

Best Regards,
Aaron Lewis - PGP: 0xDFE6C29E ( http://keyserver.veridis.com )
Finger Print: 9482 448F C7C3 896C 1DFE 7DD3 2492 A7D0 DFE6 C29E