List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Thoughts from a former KDE, currently Mozilla developer
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-12-09 12:36:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

On Thursday, 9 de December de 2010 11:21:22 Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> Yes it is something I am working on for Calligra. Right now, I have setup
> a  continuous build that do post-checking, of both koffice/2.3 and
> calligra/master. But with the move to git I do intend to move to a pre-
> checking system. Where people commit to a branch, and then a bot test if
> it  can goes into master. And do automatic merging.

That's what we have right now in Qt. Sneak preview of the material I'm going
to post is attached.

The "staging areas" are where people push to. The bot system picks them up,
merges, compiles and tests. If all is fine, it pushes to the 4.7 or master
branches.

The problem is that if someone introduces a regression, that staging area
stops until someone pushes a fix. In the ideal case, if it breaks anything, it
gets dropped never to be seen again. No more "Fix compilation" commits for
fast platforms.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

["branch-sequence.png" (image/png)]